Strengthening Leadership for Nonprofit Success 3-part Series (Milford) - Part 1
11 SE Front Street
Milford DE 19963
DANA Members $40 each workshop or register for all 3 for $105.00
Not a DANA member yet? $100 per workshop. Entire series for $275
NOTE: In order to have a meaningful experience, a minimum of 3 attendees must be registered for the event to proceed.
DANA Cancellation & Refund Policy
Workshop registrations will not be confirmed until registration is complete and paid in full.
Cancellations must be at least 7 days prior to the scheduled workshop date to receive a full refund. No shows and cancellations within 7 days of the workshop will not receive a refund of their registration cost. To cancel or reschedule, please submit an email to Louise Koonce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation by DANA
Dana may cancel workshops due to insufficient enrollment or inclement weather. Registrants will be offered the option to reschedule to a future workshop or to receive a full refund.
DANA is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the registrant is a workshop is cancelled.
An essential part of continuity and sustained performance and service levels is succession planning for both organizational staff and board membership. This workshop will provide user friendly tools and process models that can immediately implemented by participants. In order to optimize the application of what is learned in the session, participants are asked to come to the workshop having identified at least on staff or board position in their organization for which an accurate and structured succession plan is a high priority.
Session 1: Defining Your Organization's Leadership Competency Requirements
- Complete a documented diagnostic of your organization's current and future "business environment" which identifies key issues, challenges and leadership competencies now and the next several years
- Draft an initial leadership competency model that clearly describes skills related to goal accomplishments, behavioral skills, interpersonal traits and leadership skills
- Receive feedback from session participants to assess clarity of your draft competency model
- An action plan to review the competency model with your BOD
Session 2: Defining Metrics Based Leadership Performance Goals and Evaluations
- Using the SMART model for performance goal setting, create performance goals for at least one selected leader in your organization
- How to assign value weights/importance factors to each performance goal
- Ability to use the Results/Behavior model as part of performance planning, coaching an feedback
- Integrating your Leadership Competency Model with SMART and the Results/Behaviors model
Session 3: Evaluating Leadership Performance and Establishing Compensation Systems
- Complete a "draft" Results/Behavior performance review of a selected leader based on SMART based goals, value weights and actual results
- Identify compensation/rewards options for your organization
- Define effective processes for gathering sufficient information for meaningful performance evaluations and equitable reward decisions
- Review or develop a self-appraisal process for all leaders
Instructor: Dick Haviland
Dick Haviland brings both experience and a personal passion to his work with non-profit organizations leadership teams and their boards. In addition to over thirty years of experience as a manager and senior executive working globally he has worked for non-profits and served on the boards of Special Olympics and other service organizations. He is certified by The Center for Creative Leadership as a coach and is also a registered International Organizational Development Consultant having worked in the UK, Europe, Asia and Latin America.