Financial Leadership Tips & Tools Webinar Series
This will be held 1pm - 2pm every Thursday from January 23 - February 27, 2020.
Use Code: DANO2020
$50 | Session
$200 | Series
$400 | Series + Coaching
$100 | Session
$400 | Series
$800 | Series + Coaching
Through a partnership with Montana Nonprofit Association, DANA is able to offer 6 - 60 minutes webinars uncovering best practices and easy shifts to enhance your financial savvy and organizational efficiency. Register for the entire series + coaching or select sessions that meet your needs.
DANA Members Use Code: DANO2020
Who Should Attend: Nonprofit leadership teams, financial officers, accountants, multi-hat nonprofit staffers
Ratio Analysis | Thursday, January 23, 2020 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
- Understand which key financial ratios are important for monitoring financial health of an organization
- Calculate key financial ratios from financial statements
- Communicate to employees and stakeholders what each key financial ratio means and what it means for the health of the organization.
- Financial Stability
- Financial Liquidity
- Operational Performance
Budget Performance | Thursday, January 30, 2020 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
- Understand the importance of comparing organizational budget to actual financial performance.
- Report monthly and year-to-date (YTD) financial performance as compared to budget.
- Identify and analyze variances between actual and budgeted financial performance.
- Budget Building Basics
- Uploading and Downloading Reports out of Accounting System (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Monthly and YTD Variance Analysis
Cost/Benefit Analysis | Thursday, February 6, 23, 2020 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
- Understand the importance of analyzing full costs and full benefits of a project/program before initiating.
- Identify and analyze the full costs and full benefits of a proposed project/program.
- Understand the importance of the time value of money in considering a project’s proposed costs and benefits.
- Calculating Project/Program Costs
- Calculating Financial Value of Project/Program Benefits
- Analyzing using Time Value of Money
Revenue Projection Analysis | Thursday, February 13, 2020 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
- Identify an organization’s major revenue sources.
- Identify and analyze the probability/likelihood and timing of receiving each source of revenue.
- Summarize the timing and probabilities of revenue to be received by the organization.
- Revenue Sources
- Probabilities and Risk
- Planning for Variances in Revenue
Cash Flow Projection | Thursday, February 20, 2020 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
- Identify an organization’s major sources of cash flow.
- Identify and analyze the timing of receiving cash flows.
- Identify and analyze net cash flow by comparing cash received to estimated cash expenses.
- Differentiating Revenue from Cash
- Projecting Cash Flow
- Identifying Net Cash Flows
General Excel Tips and Tricks | Thursday, February 27, 2020 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
- Better navigate and use Microsoft Excel
- Use essential Excel formulas for data summation and analysis
- Create a basic PivotTable for data analysis
- General Navigation Shortcuts
- Essential Formulas for Data Manipulation and Analysis
- Basic PivotTables