Why Board Diversity and Representation Matters … and How to Create It
You will receive ZOOM login details on your event confirmation web page. Please SAVE this information.
- DANA Members: $35
- Not-Yet-DANA Members: $70
Exploring a DANA Membership? Learn more here: https://delawarenonprofit.org/membership/
Diversity and Inclusion initiatives are critically important to the success and sustainability of any nonprofit organization. Achieving diverse nonprofit board leadership is a crucial first step in creating a diverse & inclusive organization.
The goal of this workshop is to increase knowledge and cultural awareness of the importance of diversity and representation on nonprofit boards.
Topics to be discussed during the training workshop include:
- How successful diversity & inclusion initiatives are intrinsically tied to an organization’s mission.
- The business case for and benefits of having a diverse nonprofit board.
- The need for nonprofit boards to define what diversity looks like for its organization.
Following the workshop, participants will:
- Know the importance of diversity & representation on nonprofit boards.
- Understand the impact of board diversity on an organization’s overall success.
- Recognize the role of the board in ensuring that its members accurately reflect and meet the needs of the community it serves.
About the presenter, Chanta Wilkinson, Esq.
Chanta primarily provides diversity, equity and inclusion consulting and assistance to organizations. She previously served as a Human Resources Consultant for small to mid-size businesses in Delaware and New York City. Prior to that, she served as the Associate Director of EEO/AA for Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn. In addition, she also served as a Deputy Attorney General and an EEO/Affirmative Action Coordinator for the New Jersey Office of Attorney General. She holds a J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law, a BA from Rutgers College, and a Diversity & Inclusion for HR Certificate from Cornell University.